Skyline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scene A - The Rusty Dog

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Scene A - The Rusty Dog - Page 3 Empty Re: Scene A - The Rusty Dog

Post by Author Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:55 pm

"I'm sure," Marilynn says with a smirk. The group moves over an extra table to create enough room and resettles. Food and drink is ordered as introductions resume.
Author
Author
Admin

https://worldofskyline.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:49 am

"Mm, Luc. I mainly keep these murderhobos from bleeding out. Pleasure's mine," Luc greets with a pleasant tone, holding up his hand in a brief wave. He goes to shake hands, only to quickly realize his hand is still covered in the greasy mess of his ribs. "Uh..." Unable to quickly find a nearby napkin, he suffices for just wiping the mess off on the fur of his left forearm before offering the hand to shake.
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:14 am

*handshakes*
"And my name is Jebidiah, I'm... Not exactly on their level but I can handle a sword."
*handshakes*
"So, onto the point - the tide is going to be low at Leomun's cove tomorrow afternoon."

Jeb chokes on his drink. "Leomun's cove?? That place is... Like... Haunted!"

"Places people fear to tread is the name of the game Jeb!"

"We don't know exactly what's there," Troy says,"Rumors of hauntings a or monster attacks are on the rise from people who sail near it, but there is supposedly a cave that's most often flooded. Tomorrow there will be a window to go in."

Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:19 am

Tracy gives Jeb a friendly slap on the back. "Come on, Jeb. Where's your sense of adventure? This place is an adventurer's dream. I've heard tales of this place since I first got into this region. I think it's high time we lay the rumors to rest and figure out what's really going on in there. Plus, you'll have us with you. You'll be fine."
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:30 am

For her part, Mori keeps out of the elaborate introductions. She doesn't add anything more to herself then what she said and did at the start of the meeting, remaining silent as the rest of the group introduces themselves. At the mention of Leomun's cove she raises a eyebrow in surprise, then leans in closed to the table.
"What's the pay?"
Always the first thing to ask.
"What other information do you have about the area? If it is haunted, we will need ghostbusting gear. Tracy is right, Leomun's is like a wet dream for adventures. It's dangerous, unexplored and infamous. Assuming the pays not bad... This could be a pretty sweet job..." She leans back in her chair, musing on the idea of Leomun's.
As long as it's not wild fey spirits it should be fine...
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:44 am

"Hey, Tracy I'm not a real adventurer alright this is way over my head," Jeb says.

"Pay depends on what we find," Kai says, "I'm not 'hiring' you exactly." Marilynn raises an eyebrow. "This is an adventure, we split whatever we find even. We've hired the boatmen so we get first pick if it comes to that, but otherwise that's all there is to it. People want in, we talk about combat roles."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:49 am

Mori nods in agreement. "Sounds fair. My team is in, and I would welcome Lynn on board as well. The added strength in numbers outweighs the minor loss in treasure."
She stops for a moment and looks at her friends.
"Sorry, didn't mean to go making desicions for all of us again. I just figure you'd all be down."
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:59 am

"Of course I'm in," Tracy says with a smile. "If I don't do this then you'll just get your hands on some loot that I can't have. No fun in that. Looks like our resident sword caddie is getting cold feet though. That's fine, Jeb. If you don't want to come along, you can just go back to your farm. After all, the goblin problem is taken care of now."

"As for roles in a fight, my job is simple," Tracy pulls her rapier from her belt and holds it over the table. "Stab and burn." As she finishes her sentence, the ruby on the pommel glints and the thin blade ignites in a hot blue blaze. The blade begins to glow red hot under its own heat output, causing a layered lighting effect.
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:11 am

Crystal, having been largely uninteractive, leans in to get a good look at the magical weapon.
"You said you were a bard, right?" Troy asks.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:17 am

"Yep," Tracy replies as the sword extinguishes. She twirls it and places it back in her belt before jumping and shifting around uncomfortably. "Oooh! Hot! Hot! Still hot!"

After a few moments the pain subsides the slightly drunk Catfolk is able to recompose herself. "As I was about to say, I am a bard. I focus on the combative tenets of adventuring and am trained in casting spells without a free hand. I also use a shield in battle. Magic wise, I tend to channel helpful combat boosters and useful utility spells. Always need to be prepared."
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:51 am

"I myself am a cleric of Minos. I'm not one for the front lines but I can channel a number of supportive powers," he glances at Luc and slaps Kai on the shoulder. "Keep this idiot from bleeding out. Strange to see one of us outside our homeland and planning to loot a haunted cove with a pair of elves, I know." he chuckles, then looks at Lynn. "But I suppose you can say the same for yourself, can't you?"

"Yeah I know I'm a filthy runaway," she says, taking a swig of beer. "I'm ex-military, but I've retained my combat training if little else. I've been more of a mercenary than an adventurer so I can't say I've fought much that wasn't people, but I'll watch your backside." She takes another swig of beer. "And if we want to talk strange to see," she says, looking at Luc, "It's odd to see one of your kind at all. Especially one that keeps people from bleeding."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:56 am

"Not to mention his bitching shirt..." Mori chimes in between drinks of her mead.
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:32 am

"Eh." Luc simply shrugs, finishing off the last of his cider. "Well, y'know, I figured there are plenty of people out there who are already good at making things bleed, and I didn't want to hog the spotlight. So yeah, don't worry, I don't bite. Well- not too much, at least."

He gives a little smirk, still keeping a largely casual tone, but drawing out his words a bit more. "Though sometimes I just get this... unquenchable thirst, you know? Usually I'm good at controlling myself, but sometimes it seems like no matter how much I drink, I'm still a bit more parched than I was before. Every now and again I just- I just can't stop myself... but, well, what can I say? We all have our addictions, and I do love me some cider. Hey, barkeep! Another cider over here!"

He holds up his finished drink briefly to the barkeep, before returning his attention to Lynn. "Okay, but seriously, I don't do the whole vampirism spiel. Am pretty good with spirits, though. That's, uh... the ones floating around everywhere, I mean. Not the kind you drink." He vaguely gestures up at the ceiling at that with his hand.
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:48 am

Marilynn laughs. "Hey I'm just trying to be clever. What do you mean by spirits?"
"You're a Shaman?" Troy asks, "A Batfolk Shaman?"
"That's a... Sylvan thing, right?" Kai asks, scratching his head.
"More or less," Troy explains, "I... think it's Sylvan rituals and beliefs that predispose their people to the affinity, but I'm not sure, our cultures have little information on it."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:57 am

Tracy shrugs. "They're a weird duo, aren't they? I'm just the third wheel who tied herself to these two weirdos a couple months ago. Imagine that. The Catfolk is the most normal of the bunch," she says with a laugh. She points at Luc and Mori, then to herself with exaggerated expression as if to emphasize her point.
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:02 am

Kai furrows his eyebrows at Tracy, then looks at Mori.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Weiyn Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:00 am

"Well, it's ultimately a matter of knowing how to listen, really," he says in response to Troy. "And most people just don't know what they're doing. Or- that's what I like to think, at least. I dunno, maybe I'm just telling blind people to squint harder." He shrugs. "Kind of a shame, really... spirits are nice company most the time. Ah well."

After the catfolk's declaration, Luc gives her a glance. "Hey, Tracy. Do yourself a favor," Luc says, murmuring a few words as he makes a few gestures at his emptied cider mug. After a moment, water suddenly springs forth from the bottom of the mug, filling it to the brim. Luc then slidesSthe mug over to her. "Save yourself a hangover."
Luc Weiyn
Luc Weiyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:10 am

"You don't own me. I'll hang over whatever I... wow. I'm actually that drunk. Okay," Tracy seems to have a brief moment of realization before downing the water.
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:13 am

This gets a number of chuckles, even a couple from Crystal. And several from Marilynn.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracy the Cat Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:34 am

Tracy points the empty glass at Lynn. "Laugh all you want, bitch wolf. You're all the same. No fun whatsoever. So what if I'm a little drunk? Everybody's allowed to cut loose every now and then. Not that you fuckers would ever get that."
Tracy the Cat
Tracy the Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 am

Crystal and Jeb flinch while Kai and Troy subtly lean back. Marilynn laughs harder, then abruptly stops. "Got a problem with my people puss? Well guess what?" she leans in toword Tracy with a menacing smile, which suddenly vanishes as she yells "Well so do I!" She leans back and picks up her drink. "The fuck to you think I'm this far north alone anyway?" she mutters and takes a swig, then points at Tracy. "Look I got nothing against you fuzzy slutballs. I'm gonna laugh when you make a fool of yourself, but if it's fun you're looking for," she smirks, "I can do that."

After an awkward pause, Kai interjects. "So!" He says, turning to Mori, "What do you do?"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:00 am

Mori continues to lean back in her chair, arms crossed behind her head smiling as her friends give further introductions. Then tracy starts to rail against Lynn and Mori tenses up, preparing for another shouting match. Instead at Lynn's response she lets out a small sigh of relief then takes a moment to recompose herself before turning to address Kai. "Right, so, my turn then I guess." She says, attempting to bring a casual tone back to the conversation.

"I'm our..." A momentary pause as she seems to rack her brain for a moment. "I'm the team wizard you could say. While Tracy and Luc keep us all patched up and provide beneficial combat support to us, my job is to pretty much screw over whoever we are fighting. If everything is going as planned, I'll be ruining their day before you end it. But... Uh...  A couple things differ between me and your normal wizard or mage."

With one hand reaching back, Mori grabs her blackstaff and begins to spin it around in her hand. Every now and then she slightly strokes the shaft, before going back to spinning it. "First things first, I have this large black staff here. With it, I'm able to unload large blasts into the faces of any target. Unlike a normal wizard who might run out of spell casting ability over time, I can just keep going all night long. I might need a short rest after a couple of tussles, just like everyone else, but after a quick breather I'll be able to get back on my feet for a few more encounters."

Mori takes a moment to pause and drink, then drops right back into it. "Furthermore, I'm not some squishy spell caster that can't quite handle the front lines. While I do prefer to preform from the back, if something gets close to me you don't need to have a heart attack. I'm a bit more hardy then your typical caster. I'm not so sensitive, I can take a pounding and give one right back with the help of my nice black deathstick here. Overall I'm not the typical danity caster. I'm more durable, longer lasting and I'm not afraid to play it a little rough. Lastly, the spells I specialize in tend to shut down targets, giving me a great deal of bedrooaah-battle field control."

Finally, she focuses her mind once more and taps into Kai's, sending forth a mental message.

I Can Also Do This. Allowing Me To Touch The Minds Of Any Creature That Speaks A Language And Communicate With Them. Its Helpful For Sending Messages That We Don't Want Others To Over Hear. Like Battle Field Stragedy Or Asset Evaluation. For Exampe, I Have A Nice And Firm Ass. Wouldn't That Have Been Awkward If Everyone Else Also Heard It?
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Kai raises an eyebrow with a smile.
"A staff that accelerates the regeneration of your power reserves? Is the whole thing some kind of live Crystal? Is looms like Obsidian."
"I too have," Kai says, pausing for reasons most don't quite understand, "a mix of material and casting abilities. Mostly I hit with Thunderfang here," he holds his hand into the air and a sigil appears around his fingers. A second later a cutlass appears in his hand. The curved blade has a small hollow section cut out near the end of the blade. A sparse, jagged filigree of silver wraps around the steel blade, winding into the handle and down to a violet Tanzanite gemstone. "Thanks to my sister's tutelage, I can cast a few spells."

"I can't really cast under pressure,"Crystal says, "So I don't fight."

"But otherwise brilliant."

Last edited by Author on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mori Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:14 pm

Mori's eyes open in surprise, and she lets out a low whistle as Kai calls forth thunderfang. "Daaamm. That's... That's a impressive sword."

Mori pauses for a moment and looks over the group, lost in thought while she finishes evaluating them all.
"Alright, you all seem trustworthy and I wouldn't be able to hide my abilities from you anyways. It's probably just better if you just hear it from me." She takes a moment to clear her throat and presents the blackstaff to the group. "When I said I was kinda like a wizard, that's not entirely correct. My magic is... different. I don't do sigil crafting or collect piety. I just... Do it."

Last edited by Mori on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mori
Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:26 pm

"Really, that's your first assessment of me?"
"Sorcery is not unheard of," Troy says, "What do you have power over? Elemental control indicates a Draconic heritage."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next