Skyline
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread E - Penny for your thoughts

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thread E - Penny for your thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Thread E - Penny for your thoughts

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:15 am

The longer it takes for Vanessa to respond, the more and more worried Marceline becomes. Her pulse quickens with every moment. Jittery, she stands up and begins to pace about her room. Every thirty seconds her eyes flicker over to the coin, and every time she sees it dull a tear starts to well up. Eventually she sits back down on her bed, with nothing but her guitar on her lap and the coin to her side.

Her fingers crawl up the neck of the instrument and start to dance across the strings. She makes very little attempt to keep the noise down, and anyone without a sound sealed room can probably hear the sounds haunting through the halls. She starts to play a ballad, with a certain gothic touch. It conjures up wraith-like memories, speaking a story of rejection and hatred. The ballad starts off slow, but picks up as it plays along becoming a furious tempest of anger. Rage, rage at the world for not understanding and, for not accepting. Blood starts to seep out of the gauntlet again and twists around Marceline as she plays. Tendrils of blood crisscross around her, snaking through the air like ink in water. And she gets lost in the music.
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Thread E - Penny for your thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Thread E - Penny for your thoughts

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:51 am

Marcy finishes her song, and after a short pause hears a soft voice on the other side of the door.
"Hey,"
Author
Author
Admin

https://worldofskyline.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:54 am

"Doors unlocked."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:06 am

Marcy hears Kai slide against the wall as if standing up, and then he enters the room. He pauses in surprise to see her naked, but makes no comment, then acts to ignore the fact. He closes the door, then puts his back up against the wall next to it and slides down into a sitting position.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:09 am

Her eyes shoot up to Kai, twin red orbs staring at him between strands of her hair. She shifts the guitar, not really giving any care to what part of her body is covered or not and strums out a few more notes.
"What's up."
Her tone is non-chalant, but beneath the surface is a clear feeling of strained frustration.
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:21 am

Kai gives a slight smile at her question, but continues to study the floor a few moments longer. "It's not your fault," He says, then looks up at her and shakes his head. "I mean, no, you know that of course. I guess... what I mean is so do I."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:24 am

Marcy closes her eyes and nods slowly, then her hands dance across the guitar once more making it sing.
"So. You got to hear my marvelous voice after all."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:42 am

He nods. "Maybe it's odd to say since I've only known you a day, but..." He continues to search for words. "I get it... I'm not trying to say I really know you, I don't, but, your song... I..." He shakes his head. "It was lovely."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:47 am

Marcy nods again.
"Thanks..."
She plays for another minuet, just sitting there with nothing but the sounds of her guitar. Then, when she strums one last note, the guitar is put down to the side.
"I think that's enough for today. Don't want to bother the others."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:00 am

Kai nods, then stands up. "At any rate, I hope you feel well received, and I hope to know you better." With that, he puts a hand on the doorknob.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:03 am

"No! Don't..."
Marcy cries, and abruptly stands up out of her chair. Her right arm reaches out towards Kai, hanging limply in midair.
"I...I don't want to be alone..."
She looks at Kai again, her red eyes staring out beneath a tangled web of blackened hair. They've become bloodshot, and tears are starting to run down her face.
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:17 am

Kai halts and turns back to her. "Alright," he whispers, and takes a couple steps toward her.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:23 am

The hand that was hanging limply in the air suddenly raises up, stopping Kai from coming any closer.
"I... I was alone for a long part of my life. I don't want to be alone anymore. I... I've only known this crew for a day but that's already longer then I've known most people. I just want to say, thank you."
Marcy seems to have gathered up some of her resolve, and she brushes her hair out of her face.
"I look forward to getting to know you more as well. But for now... Please just stay with me until I fall asleep."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:26 am

Kai puts his hands around the one stopping him and just repeats what he said last, then lets go.

Marcy turns to her bed and sees the coin upon it, flashing gently
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:29 am

A worried, but hopeful expression grows on her face. She had completely forgotten about Janess, no, Vanessa when the torrent of bad memories hit. She bends over and carefully picks up the coin, like it's the most important thing in the world, but infinitely delicate. Fearing that dropping the coin could cause it to shatter apart.
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:32 am

Kai takes a seat in the chair Marcy left, he watches her pick up the coin and crosses his legs, but does nothing else.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:44 am

Marcy activates the coin and hears Vanessa's voice again in her head. "Have you ever... killed someone, like by accident?" Her tone isn't accusatory. She sounds very uncertain, uncomfortable, but not like she's afraid of Marcy.
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Marcy takes a moment to collect her thoughts and gets into her bee. She pulls the covers around her, rolling up into a tight soft cocoon of blankets. Conscious of Kai's presence she sends the next message without actually speaking it.
Its complicated, but yes. Once. I was under attack, with no weapons and before I knew how to control my powers. He didn't realize what I was and we both payed dearly for that.
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:01 pm

"But... If you were under attack, how does that even count?"
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Wasn't trying to kill him
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:32 pm

"Do you blame yourself for that? I mean, since you didn't understand your powers, didn't mean for it to happen..."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:37 am

Marcy grips the coin once more and sends another message.
Not anymore. Hey, I need to go to bed, mind if I message you in the morning?
After sending it off she turns over in her coffin of covers so that she can peep out and see Kai, and then closes her eyes and tries to sleep.
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:34 am

The next day, Kai approaches Marcy on the top deck of the ship. "So, about last night..."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marceline Mori Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:42 am

Dressed in a simple grey tank top and black sweat pants, Marceline was enjoying a cold beer and the feel of the sea spraying against her skin when Kai finds her. She takes a sip from the bottle and continues to look out across the ocean.

In a rather casual tone she says "Yeah, thanks again for staying with me. I'm not normally like that, but some of my ghosts caught up to me. Not that it was to much to ask though, eh? Who wouldn't want to hang around me when I'm a hot, naked mess."

She takes another sip from the bottle, looks at Kai then in a slightly more serious tone says to him "Really though, thanks. You were there when I needed someone, I won't forget that."
Marceline Mori
Marceline Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Author Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:55 am

Kai chuckles at her joke, then puts his arms upon the rail, looking out at the ocean. "No problem. I've known what it is to feel rejected, for something you couldn't control and didn't understand. It's not the same, really, it was something I could outrun. But your song reminded me of then."
Author
Author
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next